Secretariat on the Convention on Biological Diversity has designed an educational module on biodiversity and agriculture. It comprises of an online educational web portal for primary school students and five accompanying lesson plans for educators. Educators can also download the children’s web portal in a booklet format below. The resources are aimed at students in upper primary school (grades four to six), but could be adapted for other levels.
Educational booklet (teacher’s edition)
Download the biodiversity and farming booklet (teacher’s edition) (pdf) HERE
- Lesson Plan 1: What is bhttps://www.ebi.gov.et/iological diversity?
- Lesson Plan 2: What does biodiversity have to do with the food we eat?
- Lesson Plan 3: How do farmers grow food around the world?
- Lesson Plan 4: Can farming affect biodiversity?
- Lesson Plan 5: So what do you think and feel?
- Tools for charting learning progression and for learning new vocabulary
- Sample letter to parents
- Sample rubrics for assessment
Glossary Download all biodiversity and farming lesson plans (pdf) HERE. We hope you enjoy using these lesson plans, and that your students enjoy their exploration of biodiversity and agriculture. Please write or email us with your stories, suggestions and critiques. We’d love to hear how you use the resources, and how your students respond.
Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity
413, Saint Jacques Street, suite 800
Montreal, QC, H2Y 1N9
Tel: +1 514 288 2220
Fax: +1 514 288 6588